Wednesday, March 21, 2012

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

"I know that you love me and soon you will see, you were meant for me, and I was meant for you" 
                                                                                                                                                  - Jewel     

       Do you have a person in your life that you truly believe is here for a reason? Someone that completes you, makes you feel real, makes you feel alive. They are the person who makes you whole, almost as if they are your soul mate.
       A soul mate that might sound rather silly to some of you, but think about it. I've spent a great amount of time pondering the thought of a soul mate. What I believe is that it is very possible that everyone will find a soul mate along there path, possibly even several. A soul mate doesn't have to be the love of your life, the person you will spend forever with. I believe your soul mate can be your best friend, your relative, anyone really, and they don't have to be the love of your life. I find it possible that you may even find your soul mate with other living creatures besides humans, such as animals. Animals have souls to, whether you believe that or not is your choice, but I believe that an animals soul is very similar to a human beings soul. Lucky me, I am pretty sure that I have people in my life that are my soul mates. There is an undeniable connection between me and these people and myself, something unlike any casual friendship you might find... Something
       Think about someone that is special to you. Do you ever feel like you've known them way longer than you actually have? Almost as if you knew them in a past life, old friends just reconnecting in a new day and age. This may sound like just some crazy idea to you, but to me it is something that is real.
        I have a cousin that I didn't really know until I was fourteen years old. We had never talked much in the past, but one day at a big family gathering we decided to spend time together because neither of us felt like sticking around and chatting with all of our relatives. So we took off and just talked, getting to know every little thing about each other. We had so much in common and we just clicked, like sticking a magnet to a piece of metal. From that point on, I knew that my cousin Katelin was a gift, someone that I am very lucky to have in my life. I've made my cousin one of the most important people in my life and I plan to keep it that way. She has been there for me no matter what the situation is. Even though we lives hours apart, it doesn't change the fact that we have a connection with each other, one that stretches for miles and miles. I love my cousin with my entire heart. She made my life a brighter place when we became friends, and I know she is in my life for a reason. I'm here for her, and she is here for me, no matter where we are at in the world.
         Maybe you have found one of your soul mates and they are in your life today, or maybe they are still out there, just waiting to be found. They could be a stranger to you at this time, but you never know what might become of it.
- love Bridgette

No comments:

Post a Comment